Pool coping can be made of stone (capstone), brick, clay or terracotta, concrete or cast stone, tile, slate, wood, thatch, or various metals.
Why Your Pool Needs Pool Coping?
- Practically all in-ground pools have coping stones around their edges.
- Pool coping help swimmers to enter and exit the pool without slipping.
- To get the most out of your pool, you have to take care of it.
- Pool pavers keep debris like grass, leaves, and dirt out of the pool.
What Type of Pool Pavers Material Should I Use?
There are three main types of pavers.
- Concrete coping is mostly used as pool pavers.
- They are durable, versatile, affordable and tough.
- They offer a lot of characteristics and qualities that make them the perfect choice.
- Concrete coping is usually less expensive than clay, granite or sandstone pavers.
- They are slip-resistant, salt resistant, and chlorine will not affect their colours.
- A wide variety of shapes, colours, and sizes are available.
- A benefit of concrete coping is that it can easily fit any style and is the most affordable option compared to natural stone, tile, etc.
- Paving is easily maintained by sweeping and occasional rinsing.
- Remember you need to seal the pavers.
- Brick coping is resistant by chlorine.
- They are anti-slip which is very important around the pool.
- Brick pavers come in one size normally squared and rectangular in shape but there are a variety of patterns and surfaces.
- They are affordable and will give you value for your money.
- The coping looks very natural and can be used in many design styles.
- Bricks are durable and will last for decades.
- They do not require a lot of maintenance.
- They’re also easy to clean and maintain, and can even increase the value of your property!
- Seal the coping to ensure the sun`s heat and pool water don’t affect them.
- Stone pavers are the product of Mother Nature.
- It is stain resistant.
- Has strength.
- Resistance to abrasion
- Stone has many advantages that make it worth to pay more because it is an investment.
- Natural stone also holds up to busy lifestyles.
- Caring for natural stone is low maintenance
- Stone coping is safer than other materials
- Natural in texture and they come in many striking colours.
We offer all types of pool repairs, pool coping, pool renovations and the installation of new pools at very competitive rates in the Randburg and Northern Suburbs of Johannesburg. We also install and repair Koi ponds and water features.
Contact us for more info 074 292 4498