Swimming Pool Paving made of Poured Concrete
Concrete coping has multiple options as they are linked with caulking and mortar. Since, it consists of separate stones, it is easy to mix and match. They are also available in different colours, by experimenting with them we can come up with a fine design according to our liking.
Another kind of concrete coping is precast concrete. It is quite thinner when compared to poured concrete and it is considerably lighter. This lighter concrete makes the perfect pool’s bond beam/wall as it stresses lightly against the pool structure. This aids in increasing the lifetime of the pool. If you are looking for a pool that lasts longer, precast pool copingstone is the right choice.
Pool paving made of Natural stone
This pool coping stone is used by many because of its natural look and feel. It gives a new personality to the pool with its warm colour, texture and firmness of the stone. There are various natural stones that are used for coping swimming pools such as the quarried granite, limestone and other fieldstones. These natural stones form a sturdy beam and with its uniform thickness, these natural stones form an element of visual beauty
This kind of coping is famous for its charm and comfort feel. The coping made of bricks are available in a wide range of colours which makes it a convenient choice for people looking to beautify their pools. One should know that the dark coloured bricks can absorb the heat easily during the summer. We mostly use swimming pools on hot sunny days, it becomes a nuisance if it is too hot to touch the sides of the wall. Choosing lighter colour is a sane option to avoid such inconvenience, else you will have to wear flip-flops around the pool area.
Bricks are not as firm and smooth as materials like concrete and natural stone. It is extremely rough and can be chipped easily, causing minor cuts in our feet. If look is what you are going for, then these minor inconvenience can be put behind us, as it provides a stylish looking pool.
Pool coping can be made of stone (capstone), brick, clay or terracotta, concrete or cast stone, tile, slate, wood, thatch, or various metals.
Why Your Pool Needs Pool Coping?
- Practically all in-ground pools have coping stones around their edges.
- Pool coping help swimmers to enter and exit the pool without slipping.
- To get the most out of your pool, you have to take care of it.
- Pool pavers keep debris like grass, leaves, and dirt out of the pool.
What Type of Pool Pavers Material Should I Use?
There are three main types of pavers.
- Concrete coping is mostly used as pool pavers.
- They are durable, versatile, affordable and tough.
- They offer a lot of characteristics and qualities that make them the perfect choice.
- Concrete coping is usually less expensive than clay, granite or sandstone pavers.
- They are slip-resistant, salt resistant, and chlorine will not affect their colours.
- A wide variety of shapes, colours, and sizes are available.
- A benefit of concrete coping is that it can easily fit any style and is the most affordable option compared to natural stone, tile, etc.
- Paving is easily maintained by sweeping and occasional rinsing.
- Remember you need to seal the pavers.
- Brick coping is resistant by chlorine.
- They are anti-slip which is very important around the pool.
- Brick pavers come in one size normally squared and rectangular in shape but there are a variety of patterns and surfaces.
- They are affordable and will give you value for your money.
- The coping looks very natural and can be used in many design styles.
- Bricks are durable and will last for decades.
- They do not require a lot of maintenance.
- They’re also easy to clean and maintain, and can even increase the value of your property!
- Seal the coping to ensure the sun`s heat and pool water don’t affect them.
- Stone pavers are the product of Mother Nature.
- It is stain resistant.
- Has strength.
- Resistance to abrasion
- Stone has many advantages that make it worth to pay more because it is an investment.
- Natural stone also holds up to busy lifestyles.
- Caring for natural stone is low maintenance
- Stone coping is safer than other materials
- Natural in texture and they come in many striking colours.
We offer all types of pool repairs, pool coping, pool renovations and the installation of new pools at very competitive rates in the Randburg and Northern Suburbs of Johannesburg. We also install and repair Koi ponds and water features.
Contact us for more info 074 292 4498